University Honors Program SHAPE Courses
SHAPE courses taught in the University Honors Program format provide students with special, small courses that provide greater access to faculty and a closer encounter with the course material.
- Courses are 3, 4, or 5 units.
- UHP courses are capped at 25 students.
- Letter-graded only. These courses cannot be graded on a standard curve, and we encourage the instructors to experiment with a variety of forms of assessment.
- Any course that fulfills GE or major requirements can be offered as a UHP course. We encourage faculty to utilize one of their own home department's course codes. If one is not available, please contact UHP.
- Courses are available only to UHP students.